Sonntag, 3. November 2013

Impressions from Autumn London

Hey folks,

I spent the last few days in London for business and pleasure. :)
I left my laptop at home, therefore the post delay, but instead I made some pictures of beautiful autumn London that I was looking forward to sharing with you.  

On Wednesday I was watching a very cool dance piece - Hofesh Shechter's "Sun" - at Sadler's Wells London. Before that I was strolling around the neighbourhood a little.

  
St. Pancras Station
St. Pancras Station

London Street Art
London Street Art
After my little walk I went to Pret A Manger. I love those little food stores, where you can get freshly made sandwiches, soups, coffee and sweets and I always make sure to pay them a visit when I'm coming to London. Yummy!



On Thursday I made a nice little shopping day and went to Spitalfields Market, a really nice market in the east of London where you can get almost everything from knick-knacks to furniture to clothes.

Spitalfields Market
Spitalfields Market
In addition I went to Harrods for the very first time, where I totally fell in love with the food market. Rooms full of coffee, tea, sweets and delicacies from all over the world - simply amazing!


Tea, tea, tea
Cakes, scones, croissants...



Fancy Harrods lunch: pastries with duck & orange and turkey
 
On Friday I did something for my education and went to the museum. ;) At first I went to Sherlock Holmes museum, which totally wasn't worth the entrance fee to be honest as I was done with it in about half an hour. Luckily Tate Modern, which I visited in the afternoon, was great instead. Three floors full of impressive modern art and the building itself is interesting as well.

at Sherlock Holmes museum
Tate Modern
views from Tate Modern

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...